Melysah Bunting's Reviews > Resonance

Resonance by A.J. Scudiere

Sep 07, 2011

I recently read Resonance by A.J. Scudiere. It's a mystery novel where scientists, geologists, and biologists must save the world. A polar shift begins, and these professionals must corroborate what's taking place. People are dying, animals are mutating, and all kinds of crazy things are happening.

There's mystery and a sort of love triangle mixed within various view points. I enjoyed the varied points of view. The characters are very relatable. There are three scientists: Landerly, Jordan Abellard and Jillian. Landerly hires Jordan and Jillian to do paperwork at the Center for Disease Control. Little do they know paperwork isn't in the forecast.

There are two geologist. David Carter and his friend (who's actually a paleontologist) Greer. David studies rocks and is soon working with the CDC to uncover the mysteries of the polar shift.

Then there is Becky Sorenson who is studying some mutated frogs and things. She is called in while the shift seems to be happening right in her own backyard. Becky soon leaves her job at the University to work with the CDC.

The pace is excellent for an almost 500 page book. No boredom here! Actually, the longer the story went on the more I was drawn deeper into the story. And A.J. Scudiere's novels seem to have rather good reviews on GoodReads, Barns and Noble and Amazon. I concur. A very gratifying read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Resonance.

September 7, 2011 – Shelved