Selene's Reviews > The Unfaithful Wife: An Epistolary Narrative

The Unfaithful Wife by Mayumi Cruz

44720465

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, novellas-short-stories, guilty-pleasures

This book was not what I expected!

The opening pages gave me an unexpectedly good chuckle and I thought this book should really be called: Lies, Lies, and More Lies.

MBHHH.gif

Yes, the unfaithful wife mentions at the start of her letter to her "dear Husband" that the relationship with the other man "just happened."

MOwQC.gif

Ummmm, riiiiight. The cheating wife also poses the question:

“Do you know that when he first kissed me, I was thinking of you?”

▣ By this part of the story, I was convinced that the narrator was a lost cause as she continued to rant about how justifiable her cheating ways were, but she was hella entertaining, too! I could see why the husband kept her around because she had an answer for everything!

MBuoQ.gif

▣ How silly I was for thinking along those lines because this story wasn't to be taken at face value at all! (view spoiler)

Enjoyed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unfaithful Wife.

July 15, 2017 – Started Reading
July 15, 2017 – Shelved
July 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

message 1: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli The title itself already gives the idea of cheating lol. Great review, Selene :))

message 2: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ So not for me, but glad you somehow did manage to enjoy it. Great review, Selene! xoox

Selene Pearl wrote: "The title itself already gives the idea of cheating lol. Great review, Selene :))"

The title was a bit misleading. 😉

Selene Steffi wrote: "So not for me, but glad you somehow did manage to enjoy it. Great review, Selene! xoox"

Thanks Steffi! 💛

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Wonderful review!! Glad you enjoyed overall❤️

✰♊ Angie ♊✰ Great review, Selene! xx

Selene ✰♊ Angie ♊✰ wrote: "Great review, Selene! xx"

Jenny wrote: "Wonderful review!! Glad you enjoyed overall❤️"

Thanks, ladies! 💙

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Glad you enjoyed this, Selene! Even with all the lies it's entertaining ;) Loved the gifs 😙

Selene Chelsea Holder wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this, Selene! Even with all the lies it's entertaining ;) Loved the gifs 😙"

Thanks, Chelsea! This one was fun! 💕

message 10: by Forever_meme (new)

Forever_meme Happy you enjoyed this one!!!!

Selene Forever_meme wrote: "Happy you enjoyed this one!!!!"

Thanks, Meme! 💙

message 12: by JESSICA (new)

JESSICA Awesome Review, Selene!! 💙

Selene JESSICA wrote: "Awesome Review, Selene!! 💙"

Thanks, JESSICA! 😘

message 14: by Marcella (new)

Marcella This sounds like a head spinner! I'm curious what that twist is though!!! Glad you enjoyed it S :))

Selene Marcella wrote: "This sounds like a head spinner! I'm curious what that twist is though!!! Glad you enjoyed it S :))"

It's a creative twist, Marcella! I couldn't help but laugh ;))

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hehehehe . . . love this review, Selene! You desperately need a 5 star read . . . hope it's heading your way SOON! ♥

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Nice honest review Selene 💚

Selene Melissa wrote: "Hehehehe . . . love this review, Selene! You desperately need a 5 star read . . . hope it's heading your way SOON! ♥"

Thanks, Melissa! ❣️ Need that 5-star read soon or my eyeballs are going to disintegrate, lol!

Selene Deborah wrote: "Nice honest review Selene 💚"

Thanks, Deborah! 😉

message 20: by 'Q' aka CoCo (new)

'Q' aka CoCo Ooh, color me intrigued...

message 21: by Bev (new)

Bev Great honest review hun, sorry it wasn't a winner x

Selene 'Q' aka CoCo wrote: "Ooh, color me intrigued..."

😬☺️

Selene Bev wrote: "Great honest review hun, sorry it wasn't a winner x"

Thanks, Bev ;))

Nikki ღ Navareus Great review, Hon. I think I'm going to pass on this one. Thanks for the heads up on it. xx

message 25: by alyssa (new)

alyssa lovely review, selene dear xx

Selene Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Great review, Hon. I think I'm going to pass on this one. Thanks for the heads up on it. xx"

Sorry to steer you away from this one, Nikki. The ending was worth it, though ;))

Selene alyssa • the bookish nerd wrote: "lovely review, selene dear xx"

Thanks, Alyssa! 💕

message 28: by Maria11 (new)

Maria11 Great review. 🎉

Selene Maria11 wrote: "Great review. 🎉"

Thanks, Maria! 🤗