Kristiina's Reviews > The Wayward Bus

The Wayward Bus by John Steinbeck

F 50x66
Apr 20, 2008

Many people know Steinbeck for the obvious titles like "Of Mice and Men" and "The Grapes of Wrath". However it is in this story that I truly feel in love with this writer. I was instantly drawn to each character, hoping that I could magically be transformed back in time to a broken down bus and it's traveling cargo.

I highly recommend this book, especially if you haven't read much Steinbeck. This is the perfect book to get started with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wayward Bus.

message 1: by booklady (new)

booklady That's good to know. Often lesser known works by great authors are those undiscovered pearls that lay hidden away, but are actually more accessible.

regards, booklady

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi This was the first book that I read by Steinbeck! I had bought several books and decided to read The Wayward Bus because I liked the title. The book was incredible. The way Steinbeck developed the characters...I felt I was there and knew these people intimately. Needless to say, I have been reading Steinbeck ever since. I'm pretty sure I own a copy of everything he ever wrote. I especially enjoyed Travels with Charlie, which gave a nice insight into Steinbeck's humor and philosophy on life.