Beth ~ Panda & Boodle's Reviews > Hate to Love Him

Hate to Love Him by Jody Holford

He had no idea what they were doing or where this could possibly go, but in that second, it felt right. It felt necessary.

I have a request for Jody Holford: Please keep writing these kinds of sweet, steamy romances.

Seriously, I've enjoyed each and every one of the Kendrick Place books. They're cute, easy and quick to read, and Hate to Love Him was no exception. It was charming, light-hearted—despite the enemies-to-lovers trope, which can be volatile for me—and enjoyable.

It starts with a slow burn, some back-and-forth, a bit of banter, and it's fun. A lot of fun. I liked Brady's hang ups, Mia's obstacles. Sure, there were one or two moments I had hoped would play out slightly differently, but nonetheless, well-crafted, well-written and well-played out.

The best thing about this book is the relationships. Between Brady and Mia, the centerpiece of this book, but also between the residents of Kendrick Place. The inclusion of Justin was a nice touch, though I'd have loved to see a little more on that, and the couples we already know and love—Shay and Wyatt, Gabby and Owen—were on hand also. It was great to see them again, to chuckle at them and swoon with them.

Honestly, the way Ms. Holford underscored the romance in this book with the friend-that-are-family-ships ensured that I was invested, engaged and all-in to the very end. And that I'll also be first in line for more of her signature sweet, steamy stories.

“…you know what, you don’t choose your family. You choose your friends and make them your family.”

~ FOUR Princess STARS ~
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hate to Love Him.

July 14, 2017 – Started Reading