Erin Kelly's Reviews > My Hellion, My Heart

My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard

46209241
Jul 22, 2017

This is the third book in Howard and Morgan's "Lords of Essex" series. I read and reviewed the first book "My Rogue, My Ruin" and really enjoyed it, but I liked this one even better. Don't worry: you don't need to have read the previous books in the series to enjoy this one.

The Story-

Princess Irina is in her third season, and is expected to make a match, but none of her suitors can match up to the man who has always been lurking in the back of her mind, her former guardian Henry. Henry is a different man since the war; he sees himself as unfit for anyone, but he is continually drawn to the one woman he has always considered off limits.

My Thoughts-

I loved Irina in particular. This heroine can keep up with men in all areas, protects herself, and has the wit to match. She is a whisky-drinking, knife-toting, sassy gal, and I wanted to be her friend. Henry, while playing the part of handsome, brooding guy, was sexy and swoon-worthy, but I felt he was somewhat too closed up for too long. Not sure I'd have waited for him if I was Irina. The only other niggle I had was who turned out to be the bad guy. I won't say more because it would be a spoiler, but I was disappointed. That being said, I loved the plot and characters, and found it cohesive and compelling.

The Bottom Line-

This is an improvement upon an already wonderful series with refreshingly different Regency characters, especially the heroine. I am looking forward to what comes next from Howard and Morgan, and will happily read whatever they write. 4 1/2 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hellion, My Heart.

July 14, 2017 – Shelved