Sarina's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: historical-fiction, historical-romances, thought-provoking, favourites, classics
Recommended for: Everyone.
Read 3 times

I read and watch every good retelling and adaptation or re-imagination of it, whenever I come across one. I don't know what it is about this story that pulls me so. Is it the slow change of perception? Is it the combination of the progressing towards a great romance and realizing the need for respect and moralilty at the same time? Is it the showing of the weakness and strength of family ties? Is it the dance between the strong, good, loving, witty but quick-to-judge Elizabeth Bennet and the arrogant-but-gradually-swoonworthy-and-caring Mr. Darcy? Maybe it's everything at once.

I love it. Simple as that.
1 like · flag

Quotes Sarina Liked

Jane Austen
“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”

Jane Austen
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”

Jane Austen
“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”

Jane Austen
“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Abdullah Ar Rayhan এটার '৯৫ সালের টিভি অ্যাডাপ্টেশনটা দেখেছেন কি?

Sarina Abdullah wrote: "এটার '৯৫ সালের টিভি অ্যাডাপ্টেশনটা দেখেছেন কি?"

With Jennifer Ehle & Colin Firth? Yes, I have. ^_^