Shanny's Reviews > Being Alpha

Being Alpha by Katie Salidas

The writing is on point, Katie Salidas creates an interesting, entertaining, and unique story. The only thing that usually doesn't click with me is the characters; I usually find them annoying, but I enjoy the story and Katie Salidas' take on werewolves that I tend to overlook that I don't care for some of the characters. Being Alpha has some really great suspense and intrigue, and it's great to see a different wolf pack. Emma is the lead in this book, and I didn't really like her from the previous books, and that continued into this book for me. I do like that she is smart and strong, but she just rubs me the wrong way a lot of times, and I hated the Brady scenario. Emma and some heavy players from her pack travel to join up with some other pack leaders to discuss enemies, and situations that need to be dealt with. Aeson is the pack leader being host to the other pack leaders, and once he sees Emma, he likes what he sees, and has hopes to begin something romantic with her, but she's a tough nut to crack, so their connection stalls out a few times. When enemies up their game, Aeson needs to prove that he is a strong alpha, and discover the enemy creating the chaos. I liked that there are chapters from Aeson's POV, I found him likable, so I enjoyed those chapters. This book felt a little unfinished to me, and I'm not sure if there's going to be another book, but if there were I'd like see more of what happens to these characters. Good read about werewolves!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Alpha.

July 13, 2017 – Started Reading