Dierdra McGill's Reviews > Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, mystery, authors-i-want-to-read-again, favorites

This will contain a few very minor spoilers but I doubt it would ruin anything if you have not read this book yet.
The first half of the book really had my attention and I wanted to see what was going to happen, however after the time travel part it lost me a little bit. I felt like some things could have been explained better in the book for instance when Jacob first went through to the other side it was confusing about where he ended up at. There was some over explained parts of the book and some very under explained parts for me. Not to say I didn't enjoy the second half of the book because I really did just felt like it could have been done a little better.
The story line and the pictures were a great idea, and for me at least a very original idea. I loved the old time pictures in the book and I loved the children but it would have been great if there backgrounds would have been explained a little more.
I will more then likely pick up the second book in the series because the ending is a cliff hanger.
Overall I would recommend this book but probably more to teens who the book is geared towards anyway. ;) Adults like me can enjoy it to tho.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.

September 6, 2011 – Shelved
May 21, 2012 –
May 22, 2012 – Finished Reading
June 9, 2012 – Shelved as: authors-i-want-to-read-again
June 9, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites

Tracy oh this one is gonna be really good! I love the pictures in it too! It's already had the rights brought (bought?) for a movie.

Dierdra McGill Hmm.. didn't see this comment until now! Sorry! =) Just finished reading it, I think it would make an amazing movie!