Daniella (Reading With Daniella)'s Reviews > Until the End

Until the End by Abbi Glines

41915343
Click here to see this review and others on my blog Reading With Daniella

I tried. I really, really did. But I just couldn't do it. This book was quite the worst I have ever had the misfortune of reading - the very definition of horrible. I pushed through it, but after making it about halfway, maybe a little more, I finally gave up hope that the characters and the story line would become bearable, and just stopped reading. Which was quite relieving to be honest.
I feel a little bad to speak about a book in such a terrible manner, but I have a passionate, burning hatred for this story, and I need to let it out.

This book was hot mess.
1) The characters were horrible! They were complete idiots with zero depth to them, and were all infuriatingly annoying.
2) The plot was unrealistic, irritating, and just flat out stupid. I hated every second of it.
3) The writing style was rather dull, and not at all my style.

I was rather surprised with how much I disliked this book, considering the fact that I enjoyed Until Friday Night, which is by the same author. I don't understand how the two books could possibly be so far from each other, but somehow, they are.

I could go into further detail of what exactly made it so unlikable, but I really don't want to think about it anymore. If I have any word of advice, it's this: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, under circumstances even consider picking up this book. Unless of course you enjoy having the desire to violently stab every character in the story, set every copy of this book on the planet on fire, and then gauge your eyes out to cleanse yourself from the horror you just experienced. Then by all means, read it. But if not, stay away!

And just to be clear, I am aware that this is the ninth and final book in a series. However, the synopsis of this one appealed to me and the others did not. I intended on only reading this book because it was the only one that sounded interesting. I really don't think that it matters which order they're read in because they center around different characters each time. I was never confused about anything, I merely didn't like it. At all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until the End.

June 29, 2017 – Started Reading