Meghan Porter's Reviews > A Sick Day for Amos McGee

A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead

Sep 06, 2011

liked it
Read in September, 2011

"A Sick Day for Amos McGee" was a heartfelt story of friendship and love. It is the story of a man who's job is to basically go and spend his day with the animals at the zoo. One day he is sick and is unable to go and do his job which makes his animal friends sad. They decide to go to his house and spend the day with him, helping him to feel better with the power of friendship.

The story is very sweet and has a wonderful message, however I was left feeling sad. I feel a great deal of that has to do with the pictures. Although the pictures are beautifully drawn and detailed, I feel that the colors used give the story a tone of melancholy. I was left with a sad feeling at the end of the book. I did like, however, that anything that was important in the illustrations was the only thing that was in color. The colors of the book were also very striking and really pull you into the story.

Overall, I feel that the message of "A Sick Day for Amos McGee" was very heartfelt and if you want to read a book that is visually striking, this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Sick Day for Amos McGee.