Candy Briggs's Reviews > An Earl for the Archeress

An Earl for the Archeress by E. Elizabeth Watson

Read 2 times. Last read July 13, 2017.

Mariel Crawford is an exceptional archer, but she is a woman and not allowed to participate in tourneys, so she becomes her brother, Elmer. The earl is a little unconventional and knows she is a woman but says nothing. The surroundings are so well described. The characters make you laugh, cry and feel sad, They are so realistic. The story is set in King Arthur's time, he is away on the 13th crusade, but is expected back soon.. The plot is complex, so much is happening in this story. The author has taken all the bits and pieces, compiled them and created a smooth, even paced and amazing tale. With her writing ,she has done a great job of drawing you in and keeping your attention thru out. I loved it. Their elopement was simple but lovely. It is racy but so very good a book. There were other momentous moments for some reason this one sticks out. I hope you love it as much as I did. I received a copy from Net Galley for review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Earl for the Archeress.

Finished Reading