Arys's Reviews > The Perfectly Imperfect Match

The Perfectly Imperfect Match by Kendra C. Highley

Jul 13, 2017

bookshelves: favorite, have-to-read-again, ya-reads

The Perfectly Imperfect Match (Suttonville Sentinels #3) by Kendra C. Highley is book three in her series about some of the Suttonville high-school baseball players finding their match.

Dylan Dennings, pitcher for the Sentinels, has his whole future planned out: he is going to make it to the minors straight out of high school, move up the farm system, and be playing in the major leagues by twenty-three. All he needs to do is stick to the plan and focus without distractions especially in the form of a girl.  After losing the girl he crushed on to his best-friend, Tristan, he can definitely stick to his “no girls” policy. However, the world seems to want to test his resolve by sending the pretty and gregarious Lucy Foster down his path.

Lucy Foster is a needlepoint ninja who loves her family, including her little brother Otis, and  has been known to get into a little bit of trouble especially for a good cause. While her father’s deployed, Lucy’s been helping out at her mother’s store and with taking care of her brother, which now includes driving him to baseball camp.  With a tendency to get lost at times, Lucy ends up bringing Otis late on his first day of camp and it brings her face to face with Dylan, who couldn’t be described as anything but the polar opposite of her. Sparks fly instantly between these two characters and chemistry is definite. Throw in a baseball scout, a little brother, chickens, and future dreams on the line and Ms. Highley gives us  a story that you don’t want to miss.

The Perfectly Imperfect Match is a fun and romantic, and filled with just enough drama to  keep the story moving along nicely. With a character-driven plot, Ms. Highley really lets you get to know the main characters of Dylan and Lucy. From the beginning I felt for Dylan who is dealing with losing the girl from the last book and the pressure of trying to make his dream of making it into the minors come true. So when he meets Lucy, who is like a breath of fresh air with her boldness and quirkiness, he begins to come alive.  Lucy shakes things up and brings happy chaos to his life, while he brings order to hers.  They understand each other even though they’re so different.  I also enjoyed the secondary characters like Otis, Serena, and Tristan. The ending was great and I appreciated the epilogue.  I love finding out more about the characters later down the road even if it’s just a few months later.

Overall, Kendra C. Highley’s The Perfectly Imperfect Match is a sweet and feel good YA romance that I very much enjoyed and happily recommend.  I look forward to reading the next book by this author.

(I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book I received for free from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my open and honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfectly Imperfect Match.

July 10, 2017 – Started Reading