Mallory's Reviews > Are You Going to Kiss Me Now?

Are You Going to Kiss Me Now? by Sloane Tanen

Sep 06, 2011

liked it
Read from October 22 to 26, 2011

The first thing I have to say about this book is that everything about it was misleading. The cover, the title, the synopsis... they are pointed to a fun, romantic comedy. In reality, what I got was a book full of bickering and I would say zero romance.

Its has been about a month or two since I finished reading Are You Going to Kiss Me Now? and I can honestly I say there is still a ton of mixed feelings present about this book. While it was not at all what I was expecting, I found myself glued to the pages. For some reason I can't explain or put my finger on while I didn't really like the book I just could not stop reading it! I don't recall a time where this has ever happened to me. So kudos to Sloane for accomplishing this feat.

Now, I'm about to talk about a mild spoiler! The ending was like the only best part of the story. While all the secrets the celebrities held are revealed and they all become close like a family, those two things almost made 300 pages of bickering and griping worth it. But I do understand how celebrities could be so miserable stranded on an island without all the luxuries they are use to having. Oh, and the actions of most of the celebrites and the main character were just awful. I really didn't like how they all took advantage of each other. I didn't like how and why the main character gave up her virginity.

Also, I felt that there was no plot. Sure they all wanted to get rescued but still I couldn't find any major or subplots. I don't know about anyone else, but I need a plot! If I were the publisher I would seriously consider changing the title of this novel.

Aside from all the things that were bothering me with this novel, I did find it somewhat enjoyable when I accepted the fact that it was not the book I was expecting to read. By the end I was able to sympathize with most of the characters. I found Jonah and his dad to be the most sincere people out of the bunch. Everyone was a wreck, but I was glad to see that they all took their experience on the island and changed themselves and their lives for the better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You Going to Kiss Me Now?.

10/23/2011 page 180
51.0% "Not much going on in this book. A ton of bickering between characters is all. Still I keep reading to see if something will happen."
show 2 hidden updates…