Katy's Reviews > Never Ceese

Never Ceese by Sue Dent

Sep 06, 2011

Recommended to Katy by: Sue Dent
Recommended for: those who like vampires and werewolves

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book through a giveaway. No stipulations were placed upon my receipt of the book, but I feel an honest review is appropriate in exchange.

Synopsis: What happens when a determined werewolf and a skeptical vampire join forces at the request of an aging friend? Will they succeed in finding a way to rid themselves of their respective curses in spite of their natural hatred for each other or will they suffer at the hands of a radical and evil stem cell researcher who wants the fame and immortality he believes their blood will give him?

My Thoughts: This is an interesting and different take on the same old vampire and werewolf stories. In Sue Dent’s world, vampires and werewolves suffer from a very similar curse,which leaves them young, strong, immortal – and completely missing a soul. In this world, many werewolves go feral, living decades with wolf packs and away from people. And, interestingly, if they don’t transform periodically they will forget how.

I enjoyed these characters, and felt that, at least as far as vampires go, Dent’s ideas more truly match with the legends and lore than many modern vampire tales. After all, without a soul how could one comprehend, let alone feel, human emotion? I felt that the solution was maybe a bit too simplistic in the end, but at the same time the conclusion was satisfying. I think people who enjoy the vampire and werewolf mythos will enjoy this book. I certainly did!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Ceese.

September 6, 2011 – Shelved
March 21, 2012 – Started Reading
page 32
8.99% "Rather overslept, and think I'll be dozing back off for awhile. Cambria would like this book ... :-)"
page 33
page 35
9.83% "OK, gonna settle down and read now!"
March 22, 2012 –
page 182
March 22, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

You are amazing! Love ya lots! <3

Katy Sue wrote: "You are amazing! Love ya lots! <3"

:-) Have you seen where it was copied to my shiny new blog? http://katysozaeva.blogspot.com Come and visit me!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, wild horses couldn't hold me back. ;) They might even get me there faster. LOL

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Katy, could you put the Black Bed Sheet cover up for Electric Angel? It's actually on Goodreads now, I just updated it or I can send you a jpg or you could just steal one off google.LOL I just don't want folks buying the orange copy anywhere because I don't make any money AT ALL off of them and neither does or did my second publisher. I know, right? But thanks again.

Katy Sue wrote: "Hey Katy, could you put the Black Bed Sheet cover up for Electric Angel? It's actually on Goodreads now, I just updated it or I can send you a jpg or you could just steal one off google.LOL I just ..."

You mean "Forever Richard"? Yeah, I can re-post the review on the blog with the correct cover.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. Everything else looks "Mahvelous dahling!" ;)