Bookgasms Book Blog's Reviews > Out of the Ashes

Out of the Ashes by L.A. Casey

bookshelves: ratula

Out Of The Ashes was a great introduction to the amazing new Maji (sci-fi romance) series by L.A. Casey. It was filled with such a perfect combination of heat, sass and heart. I really loved Kol and Nova and could not get enough of their chemistry and passion!

Picture this: Earth is a barren wasteland and humans are borderline extinct. Threats are everywhere and predators and foes are one and the same. It's kill or be killed and Nova, a survivalist, is used to fighting her battles and day to day living. She is strong, brave and sassy af and gives no effs about fighting for her survival. But what happens when a whole new form of predator comes knocking on her door? Enter the Maji: Aliens from another planet who are rescuing Earthly females for their planet's personal gain. But is it beneficial to Nova and what does the shipmaster, Kol, really want with her? Can she ignore his intensity and their smoldering passion when her very existence may be in danger?

I really loved this story! I thought it was a wonderful introduction to the story and the world building was great. I enjoyed Kol's devotion to Nova, the introduction to the other Maji on the ship and his royal family and friends. I look forward to reading more books in this series! Bravo! 4 stars! Ratula

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Ashes.

Finished Reading