Candice Carpenter's Reviews > Scourge

Scourge by Gail Z. Martin

Just when I think I've found my favorite piece of work from Gail, she writes something I enjoy even more.

From the moment I got my hands on Scourge, I knew I was in for one hell of a ride.

For starters, the story is bound in an incredible cover. The blood spattered crest of Ravenwood beckons the reader to open its pages. I've been gushing over the cover since it was debuted and it's one of the top book covers I own. It's so simple but compelling.

The story itself follows the brothers Valmonde and their other Guild member friends as they try to discover the cause of recent monsters attacks in their part of the city and also survive the increased brutality of the city guards.

Ancient, magical blood runs through their veins forcing them to play a crucial role in the unfolding of the story.

Family bonds, brotherhood, ambition, manipulation, love, life, death and everything in between drive this page turner into the very depths of the After itself.

Oh and there will be blood.

If you are an epic fantasy reader that isn't afraid to get knee deep into a tale of survival, doubt, hope, uncertainty and retribution, Scourge is the book for you!

Get your hands on it now. In case it bares repeating, I highly recommend the physical book! It's just spectacular!

(Thank you to Solaris for sending over a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion of the book)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scourge.

July 11, 2017 – Started Reading