Sylvia 's Reviews > A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

bookshelves: angels, bad-boys-for-the-red-room, favourite-ebooks, young-adult

NNNNNOOOOO!!! This is not how this book is going to leave me hanging! How am I going to wait for the next book? I'm utterly speechless and in awe of how this book has left me feeling!

From the moment I started reading A Beautiful Dark I could not put it down and needed to finish it. I needed to know what was going on in Skye's life and why had all this happened to her and who she is and what she is capable of. The story kept me captivated, intrigued and wanting. I desperately needed the puzzle pieces to fit and just when you think you have it all figured out BOOM they get shuffled up again leaving you wondering what next?

The suspense was driving me mad but in a good way. But what was also driving me wild was ASHER. Oh man he is totally charming, funny, charismatic, a big time flirt with a smart mouth and who is deliciously sexy and very delectable. OMG he is amazing and just thinking about him as i write is setting my stomach on fire...this guy is smoking HOT!! Skye had no chance in hell when he entered her life and she thought she was strong enough to resist him, think again. The temptation was too strong and she succumbed, like any normal gal would do lol. And then in walks Devin to complicate matters. He is the Good Guys yin to Asher's Bad Boy yang. This love triangle had me wondering and guessing at times and I never really knew which way Skye was leaning to go until the very end when I was shocked as hell as to what Devin did! I feel for Devin I really do but man what he did was beyond forgivable and I truly wonder what will come of this in the next book. Until then I have to wait in the beautiful dark just like Skye and hope we get the answers we need! Can't wait bring it on!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Dark.

September 5, 2011 – Shelved
April 1, 2012 – Started Reading
April 1, 2012 –
35.0% "I started this book at 10.30pm and it's now 12.50am and I am reluctantly stopping because my eyelids are heaby with sleep if they won't I'd still be reading this book is great so far :D"
April 1, 2012 –
50.0% "OMG I'm getting all tingly inside just reading about Asher DAMN this guy is making me SWOON!! I wish my youngest would stay napping so I can continue reading lol"
April 2, 2012 –
100.0% "OMG OMG OMG"
April 2, 2012 – Shelved as: angels
April 2, 2012 – Shelved as: bad-boys-for-the-red-room
April 2, 2012 – Shelved as: favourite-ebooks
April 2, 2012 – Finished Reading
May 4, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Anna (Literary Exploration) Wasn't this one so good?!

Sylvia Oh I loved it I really couldn't believe how much it kept me captivated I really can't wait for book 2

message 3: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee After reading your review I just have to read it dont I!

Sylvia LOL well I hope you do ... I get very emotional and caught up in a book and you can't tell by my reviews LOL

message 5: by Christina M (new) - added it

Christina M Condy Now that you've said that I'll have to wait until the entire series is out to start reading... I HATE being left hanging and not being able to grab the next book right away.

Sylvia Yeah this one was a real WTF kind of ending so I guess it's better to wait ... LOL

message 7: by Terry (new) - added it

Terry What a fantastic review Sylvia! You have won me over to A Beautiful Dark-I can't wait to read this book. It sounds amazing.I'm very happy to learn about this series!

Sylvia Terry wrote: "What a fantastic review Sylvia! You have won me over to A Beautiful Dark-I can't wait to read this book. It sounds amazing.I'm very happy to learn about this series!"

Awe, why thank you and I hope you love it just as much