Linzi's Reviews > Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers by Stephen King

2074994

bookshelves: 5-star-reads

If you ever want to guarantee that I will read a book, put another book on the cover. Write about an author or a love of books. Now, I was already going to read this book because it's part of the Bill Hodges Trilogy. Honestly, I picked this one up before Mr. Mercedes and didn't realize it was part of a series. I had to set it aside and come back to it. I'm glad that I did.

This book follows the theft of a famous writer's notebooks obtained during a burglary gone bad. The notebooks contain the unpublished sequels to his novels. The thief buries the loot and then promptly goes to jail for something completely unrelated. Years later, a young boy whose family is down on their luck due to his father being injured by Mr. Mercedes, finds the notebooks and a stash of cash. All hell breaks loose once the thief is finally released from prison and goes in search of what he buried all those years later.

Hodges and his team don't show up until much later in the book but Holly and Jerome are back in action with him, trying to track down the bad guy before he can do worse.

As always, King weaves an intricate web of cause and effect. He connects his characters in a way that makes sense and never feels forced. Again, if you didn't pick this one up because it wasn't "weird" enough, I highly recommend it anyway. The payoff comes in the next book and this one is just more world building.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finders Keepers.

July 4, 2017 – Started Reading