Ruby Rae Reads's Reviews > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

I finally read this book THANK GOODNESS. And yet nobody warned me that I would REQUIRE a sequel. I consider that extremely rude.

Wow, what a freaking book. And how wonderful omg. We love all the gays. But also I was a scaredy-cat and was expecting a tragedy. Since you know it's THE 80s.

Okay firstly, I just,,, the characters!!! Dante is just a smol sweet cinnamon roll that shall be protected at all costs. Ari has ~ issues ~ but I still love him. Can we give him a hug, please? And omg THE DIALOGUE!! WAS JUST PURE GENIUS!! I was laughing so hard. And those two are dramatic™ but also very relatable. I shipped them so hard ahhhh!!! Pulled out my hair because of the waiting. I just,,, no words. ADORABLE.

I loved the atmosphere. I felt so connected and as if I was in the story. Also loved the music references in the beginning. JUST SO GOOD!! I had the most glorious time. I flew through this book, it was so easy to get lost in and read.

My only reason for knocking off half a star was that I felt the pacing was a bit off at times, not a big issue but just something I noticed. And I felt like I was reading just a slice of the character's lives. Again, also didn't mind too much because I was still loving the book. There was just something missing and I'm not entirely sure what it is. Welp. Another thing I noticed was that it was sometimes hard to follow along with dialogue because it wouldn't say who was talking when. I also didn't find the writing as full of prose as I was expecting since that's what everyone had said.

Again THAT ENDING!! WHY!! I need that sequel OH MY GOSH. AHH, I'M LITERALLY DYING!!!

Somebody send help.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

July 11, 2017 – Shelved
July 11, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2020 – Started Reading
January 5, 2020 –
page 74
January 7, 2020 –
page 168
January 9, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

ilsa➹ the author confirmed a sequel 3+ years ago but we have NOTHING :((( im sad

Ruby Rae Reads I repeat R-U-D-E!! Seriously!! Hopefully soon *crosses fingers and toes*