Brenda's Reviews > Hindsight

Hindsight by Melanie Casey

bookshelves: 2013-release, aussie-authors, net-galley, mystery, thriller, 4000-books, crime, own-read, read-on-kindle

Detective Ed Dyson’s wife Susan had vanished two years ago – she had never been found and Ed wasn’t coping with not knowing what had happened to her. His forays into the bottle were becoming more frequent and he knew he should stop, but couldn’t work out how. It was the anonymous call to alert police to a murder in an alley way which gave him purpose once again.

When Natalia, Superintendent at the Fairfield Station, called the Lehman household and asked for Cass’ help, it was to be the beginning of a series of horrific events that terrified Cass. She had a gift, but the nature of it was terrifying. Since she was eight years old, Cass had been able to see violent death. For the past decade she’d been a recluse, living with her Gran and Mum, too scared to venture outside in case she experienced the death of someone who’d been killed in a traumatic fashion.

Ed was sceptical – and he wasn’t the only one. But they needed all the help they could get as they were running out of time, sure the killer would strike again soon. What would happen? Would Cass be able to identify the killer? Or was he too smart for them all? And was Cass putting herself in grave danger?

Hindsight by Aussie author Melanie Casey is the first in the Cass Lehman & Detective Ed Dyson series, and I was completely enthralled. Set in and around Adelaide in South Australia, it was intense, gritty and fast-paced, and I sped through the pages with my heart racing, wondering what would happen next. Thoroughly entertaining, Hindsight is a thriller I highly recommend. I’ll be picking up book 2 soon!

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital copy to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hindsight.

July 11, 2017 – Shelved
November 26, 2017 – Shelved as: crime
November 26, 2017 – Shelved as: own-read
November 26, 2017 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
November 26, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Brenda

message 2: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Great review, Brenda. As always!

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Fantastic review Brenda!

reneeNaDaBomb I liked your review. Sounds like a really good thriller.

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum I absolutely love this series so I’m glad to see you enjoying it too. Was it a NetGalley copy, out of curiosity? I didn’t know you could hang on to them for that long.

Brenda Thanks everyone! A brilliant read :)

Tracey, I only got it from NG a couple of months ago. It was in the 'read now' section and I was surprised to see it had been published in 2013. Perhaps they put it up on NG again because of the latest release :)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum Brenda wrote: "Tracey, I only got it from NG a couple of months ago. It was in the 'read now' section and I was surprised to see it had been published in 2013. Perhaps they ..."

Ahhh, that makes sense. Hope you enjoy the next two in the series :-)

Brenda Thanks 😊 I can't seem to locate them. They're either out of stock or too expensive! I guess I'll end up getting them from the library 😊