Bloodorange's Reviews > A Room with a View

A Room with a View by E.M. Forster

bookshelves: audiobooks, modernism, uk

4,5 stars rounded up. I wish I could say something more intelligent about it other than that it's lovely, a praise of humanism and feminism. A lighter fare than Howards End, but still beautiful and not to be dismissed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Room with a View.

July 11, 2017 – Started Reading
July 11, 2017 – Shelved
July 11, 2017 –
6.0% "Over such trivialities as these many a valuable hour may slip away, and the traveller who has gone to Italy to study the tactile values of Giotto, or the corruption of the Papacy, may return remembering nothing but the blue sky and the men and women who live under it."
July 11, 2017 –
17.0% "It was not that ladies were inferior to men; it was that they were different. Their mission was to inspire others to achievement rather than to achieve themselves. Indirectly, by means of tact and a spotless name, a lady could accomplish much."
July 22, 2017 –
July 26, 2017 –
75.0% "I wish I could say something more intelligent about it than that it's lovely, a praise of humanism and feminism."
July 28, 2017 –
93.0% "He gave her a sense of deities reconciled, a feeling that, in gaining the man she loved, she would gain something for the whole world."
July 28, 2017 – 0.0% "5 stars. Call me sentimental."
July 28, 2017 – Finished Reading