Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)'s Reviews > Nyxia Unleashed

Nyxia Unleashed by Scott Reintgen

Hello darkness my old friend... 🎶

(Look, literally no one is more disappointed by this rating than me.)

There was very little focus on any of the characters or dynamics I adored in the first book. Instead, almost all the time was devoted to new characters and relationships that I just didn't give a dang about. (That romance shoehorned in at the end of the last book? Suddenly becomes a BIG deal)

-----------

I loved the first book so I am P U M P E D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nyxia Unleashed.

July 9, 2017 – Shelved
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: anticipated-releases
May 13, 2018 – Started Reading
May 27, 2018 –
25.0% "So... I feel like most of the characters I loved in the first book have disappeared?"
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: finished-but-wish-i-hadn-t
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: read-to-review
June 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Steph [They/Them] (Wickedjr Reads) I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I loved the first book and got this from netgalley but haven't read it yet. Sorry it let you down :(

message 2: by Elise (new)

Elise (TheBookishActress) this makes me feel So Much Better about having DNFed book one

Thistle I'm with you, sadly it just completely didn't work for me.

Fragrant Flower Hope you find a better read!

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @Stephanie: I hope you enjoyed it when/if you read it!

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @Elise: I am genuinely so frustrated because I LOVED the first book? But this felt like a completely different story??

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @Thistle: I’m so disappointed! I have hope for the next book, but I’ve lost a lot of motivation for the series :/

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @Fragrant Flower: thank you!!

Steph [They/Them] (Wickedjr Reads) I still haven't read it lol. I'm done with Netgalley though (I think) I just want to finish up the few books I have left from there next year, which includes this one. I have too many books that I own I want to read to keep getting books from Netgalley lol.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Stephanie wrote: "I still haven't read it lol. I'm done with Netgalley though (I think) I just want to finish up the few books I have left from there next year, which includes this one. I have too many books that I ..."

That's very similar to the same conclusion I've reached. Simply too many books sitting on my shelf waiting for me to be requesting more and finish them in a reasonable time.