Dani's Reviews > First and First

First and First by Santino Hassell

I read this book a while ago but I had completely forgotten to review and to rate it.

Another amazing romance story from Santino. I didn’t know I was going to love it so much but Caleb hooked me from the very beginning and believe me when I say I didn’t see that coming because I hated him from Sunset Park. I thought he was a pretentious prick but Oh.My.God.
I just clicked with him so fast… I guess it was a combination of Santino’s amazing writing style and Caleb’s thoughts. His pain and the way he felt so lost sucked me completely into the story, it gave me so many explanations of why he behaved that way in Sunset Park that made it impossible for me to keep hating him.

I was already curious about Oli since I met him in the previous book and If I’m honest, I started reading this because of him but I won’t keep saying how much I loved this book and how I don’t regret a single second of this book, I promise.

Santino certainly knows how to write hot sex because Oli and Caleb together were on fire! These two had so much chemistry and the best thing of all is their relationship doesn’t spin around hot sex only; we get some serious relationship and personal development, which I absolutely adore!

Besides, those who are not a fan of Santino’s work, you should know that he usually gives us characters that aren’t perfect, that have flaws and that sometimes are pretty messed up. This wasn't heavy in the angst department, but yeah, Caleb had some issues to resolve to be completely happy, so you won't get back-to-back sex.

To end my praises to Santino I’ll just say that I enjoyed side characters of this story, they were pretty awesome too. Aidan is by far my favorite; he was funny and pretty laid-back. I liked to read more about him because he obviously had a rough past.

I’m looking forward to rereading it pretty soon. It’s one of my favorite books from this series, Oli and Caleb go directly to my ‘best-couple’ shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First and First.

July 1, 2017 – Started Reading
July 2, 2017 – Finished Reading
July 3, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
July 9, 2017 – Shelved
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: standalone
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: best-romance
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: best-couple
August 23, 2017 – Shelved as: baby-you-are-mine

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Awesome review Dani ;) xoxo

bookfaerie Great review Dani!! I was also surprised I'd like Caleb. But Santino spins magic in his words and I get hooked every time.

message 3: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Dani ;) xoxo"

message 4: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani Book Faerie wrote: "Great review Dani!! I was also surprised I'd like Caleb. But Santino spins magic in his words and I get hooked every time."

Yes, I don't know how he does it but he made it possible for me to fall in love with Caleb <3 xx

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay At some point, I need to go back and read this one. I read 1 & 2 before reading 4 to review for a blog tour, but skipped over and haven't yet gone back to #3. :-)

message 6: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani Jay wrote: "At some point, I need to go back and read this one. I read 1 & 2 before reading 4 to review for a blog tour, but skipped over and haven't yet gone back to #3. :-)"

You should because it was really good!!!

~Mindy Lynn~ Fab review! xx

message 8: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani ~Mindy Lynn~ wrote: "Fab review! xx"

Thanks, Mindy <3

Christelle Great review, Dani. This one is not on my "fav-fav" shelf, but for sure, it contains one of my favorite scene : on the rooftop : still drooling thinking about it :-)

message 10: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani @Christelle: thank you! Lol, yeah that rooftop scene was perfect.
I'm constantly drooling every time I think of Oli ;)