Hiba Samad Khan's Reviews > Girls Made of Snow and Glass

Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust

57190139

4.5 stars.

Another amazing and successful (thankfully) buddy read with Hiba.

And as they walked back from the garden together hand in hand, Lynet knew that this would be their legacy, the story they had chosen-two girls made of snow and glass who were more than their origins, two queens who had come together to reshape their world.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! dies due to internal squealing

I was not planning to read this book anytime soon because I thought that it will have an intricate setting and language but honestly, I was pleasantly surprised, and its safe to say, from the first page! I love fairy tale retellings and when I heard it was a snow white retelling, I didn't much except that I wanted the step mother to not be evil. Then I saw it had some Frozen elements to it and....well I sort of turned into a maniac, screaming with excitement all over the place, not literally though.

Anyway, guys this was an amazing book to read! One of my favorite thing about this book was the fact that it was super quick to read and although it still drained energy from me, I found myself enjoying it anyway! Other than that the characters were amazing too. Both Lynet and Mina, all the struggles they went through and found their way back to each other, all the confusion, all the politics, all the matter of glass and snow, the betrayals, the trust issues, they still found their way back to each other!

To be honest, I am keeping this as one of my favorite books of this year. Their were so many twists and turns and sometimes you wondered what will happen and the book just kept you at the edge of your seat. The relationship Mina and Lynet had.....like it was unlike what I have read before and that also in a fantasy ish book. I liked how this book was not to hard in fantasy elements too, it was an easy read, the world building was easy and it was so fast paced!

I will really like to thank my friend Hiba for recommending this book to read. It was a lot of fun!

Nadia was amazing too...sure sometimes I thought she acted like a moron but she helped Lynet when she didn't have Mina and that sort of summed it all up. The only thing (as far as I can think) that I didn't like was sometimes how Lynet acted stupid, like turning away Nadia when Nadia was willing to help her, willing to sacrifice her own life for her. Also sometimes I did feel the book drag but I feel it was necessary to bring out emotions.

I really had hoped Mina would not turn evil and I was happy to find that out. We all got to meet the actual evil step mother and let me tell you that step mother was one of the the biggest morons I have seen in my life. Fictional life. This was a great feminist story and something that also spread the message that you didn't always need a man or even a lover to keep you together. I liked how Felix also played his own role in it and how he did turn human in the end making Mina turn to by making her believe she did have a heart which could love and be loved.

It was a really sweet story of a mother and her child but drawn out in a completely different way having many fantastical elements from here and there. I just loved it and it is for sure one of my favorites standalone of all time.

One of my favorite lines:
You'll find something that's yours alone. And when you do, don't let anyone take it from you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls Made of Snow and Glass.

July 9, 2017 – Shelved
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 2, 2017 – Started Reading
October 2, 2017 –
page 15
3.91% "Wow I am already hooked with the writing style!"
October 4, 2017 –
page 40
10.42% "I have a feeling I am enjoying Mina more than Lynet. Also please Mina, don't turn out to be evil.."
October 6, 2017 –
page 62
16.15% "I cannot even explain how much I am enjoying this book so far. Its amazing and so different. Also, it is pretty quick!"
October 11, 2017 –
page 92
23.96% "Perhaps he was the one person in the world who would be able to love her.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!"
October 13, 2017 –
page 203
October 13, 2017 –
page 240
October 14, 2017 –
page 348
90.63% "Reading this book drains energy from me but I apparently, I don't seem to mind at all..........."
October 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Hiba Great review, Hiba! Mina and Lynet's mother daughter relation was surely the best part of this entire book.

Hiba Samad Khan Hiba wrote: "Great review, Hiba! Mina and Lynet's mother daughter relation was surely the best part of this entire book."

Definitely! and thanks!