Nick's Reviews > The Gone-Away World

The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway

Sep 05, 2011

(Review from the author)

One of the most bizarre and uncomfortable things in the world: being asked to rate one's own book. I'm giving it five stars out of love. I accept that you might differ :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gone-Away World.

Finished Reading
September 5, 2011 – Shelved

Levi Boorer I would have given it 6 :) look forward to the next one - hopefully an audiobook read by Corey Heybourne too!

Maureen I absolutely loved your book! One of the best I've read in a very long time.. Thank you!

message 3: by Tac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tac Anderson I'm glad you did, because I just realized I have not added/reviewed this wonderful book yet on my own profile.

Gina123 I would have given it an 11.

Jeremy Masters I long for the feeling i had when i first understood what was actually going on with Gonzo and co. Amazing book. perhaps a parallel companion novel is in order Nick?

Jeff Miller Yes please more of jorgumund.

Austin Baker This has easily become on of my favorite books. It's a shame that I can only read it for the first time once.

You did an amazing job telling a very difficult story without making it very apparent where the plot was going.

Seriously, thank you for writing this book.

Shoddy23 The image of a hobbled centaur burying his mismatched horsemanoid daughter will haunt me forever. It will thankfully be counterbalanced by a vivid mental picture of the matahuxee mime collective which always makes me smile.

Piers Your book goes down in my hall of fame, with hitch hiker guide, LOTR and gravitates rainbow. All these books create such a rich deep atmosphere that just holding the book makes you feel a thrill of being able to immerse yourself in a new world. The only problem is at some point you have to leave.

Jacquie Vonhunnius I gave it 5 stars out of love too. Just started reading it for the second time, and I'm hoping I can see things I didn't see before and appreciate the truth as much as I did the first time.