Neha Oberoi's Reviews > A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Sep 05, 2011

Wow! This one's fraught with betrayal and unexpected lashings. Revenge for some and a promise of the story progressing faster in the next book. I've a lot of hope for the next. This one was definitely action packed.

I loved the closure a lot of the characters got and since I'm avoiding spoilers I cant mention which. Needless, to say my favourite characters remain Jaime and Tyrion. I hope to see them freed from the vicious onslaught that is Cersei. It would be nice for Arya or Sansa to come into their inheritance and rule Winterfell too. Honestly, I dont care who finally sits the thorne wrought as it is in blood and tears but I do want the Starks to at least have what they started off with in the GoT.

And would it kill Martin to come up with at least one character who goes through true love without being dragged through incest,betrayal or gold diggers! Just one. Make it the hound or Tyrion or Jaime or Brienne. You'll see that I favour I blunt, sharp tongued lots that have the balls to state their intentions and bugger all with the world. Cunning yet trying for honour.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

September 5, 2011 – Started Reading
page 226
September 8, 2011 –
page 387
September 8, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Kedar (new)

Kedar Wow. You are in for a roller coaster ride! But just one suggestion. If you have avoided reading any spoilers till now, avoid them henceforth too. They spoil the moment of discovery. :) Happy reading.

Neha Oberoi Ya, I'm staying far away from all the reviews. Hoping for an action packed book :)

message 3: by Kedar (new)

Kedar Neha wrote: "Ya, I'm staying far away from all the reviews. Hoping for an action packed book :)"

*smiles*

message 4: by Kedar (new)

Kedar The next two books are like a chess game. Small pieces and Big pieces. Less action, more plotting. Full of character development.

Neha Oberoi Fun , I hope. Btw is the dance of dragons the last book of the series?

message 6: by Kedar (new)

Kedar No, Martin is yet to write two more books after Dance. :)