BookSmacked's Reviews > Out of the Ashes

Out of the Ashes by L.A. Casey

This was my first ever venture into the world of Sci Fi romance and you can be certain it won't be my last especially if there are more books to come in this series for sure.

Nova is a young woman who has had to fend for herself in what I would maybe call apocalyptic Earth.
She's rescued or kidnapped depending on whose perspective you look at by an Alien culture called Maji not sure if that is even the right term. Remember sci fi newbie here.

Anyway the Maji have their alphas in fact all of them are alphas but their unwavering need to protect and treasure woman is swoon worthy.

Nova has to come to terms not only with the impending destruction of Earth but the fact that she is now in the hands of strangers who are different in her in many ways but at the same time have some similarities.

Nova she was a tough gal and definitely wasn't afraid to tell Kol at times where to go and how to get there.

Kol was commanding and definitely showed why he is one of the leaders of his species.

Together these two have almost a battle of wits that was completely entertaining. I definitely couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see if they would end up together and how the hell they would navigate the differences they had as well as the way they lived their lives which was so different.

I was definitely pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this book considering that it is my first sci fi read. Let me tell you though these characters definitely left an impression. I found myself laughing, smiling, and at times saying OH SHIT as I giggled to myself. There were also elements of angst in this book as Kol and Nova find themselves connected to each other.

LA Casey also has some supporting characters in this that stand out as well. I am dying to get their stories, Sukrah and Mikoh especially.

If you are fan of romance it really doesn't matter the sub genre this book is a definite recommend for me and if you haven't read a Sci Fi romance before then seriously this is a great book to start with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Ashes.

July 7, 2017 – Started Reading