Mizuki's Reviews > The Mirrored Shard

The Mirrored Shard by Caitlin Kittredge

did not like it
bookshelves: disappointment, one-of-the-worst-books-ever, young-adult-books, supernatural-stuff

One of the Worst Books I Have Ever Read, and it really brings shame to H P. Lovecraft's door.

Review for book 2: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I mean, the evil gods in the Lovecraftian world won't bother to bargain and play games with a mere human girl, THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL than this.

And Caitlin Kittredge tells us The Great Older Ones are neither good and evil? I mean, come on.

Just don't get me started with how The King in Yellow becomes one hell of a lame villain, it's just too insulting.

Last but not least, the heroine is a selfish cow who based her every action on her boyfriend and she is willing to sacrifice everything (e.g. the world and humanity) for the boy.

I won't bother even to rant about this book, reading it had wasted enough of my time, I don't intend to waste even more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mirrored Shard.

July 8, 2017 – Started Reading
July 8, 2017 – Shelved
page 10
3.29% "she would do anything to get her mother back in the previous book. now she got her back and what was she doing?!

Yelling at her mother."
page 30
9.87% "I cant believe it, she only realized letting the Older Ones back is a horrible idea just NOW?!"
page 54
17.76% "this stupid cow actually thinks letting the Older Ones back won't be so bad for the worlds! Argh!"
page 121
39.8% "Omg she screams at her brother again. *facepalms*"
page 176
57.89% "I can't believe this girl is basing the reason of her every action on her love interest. XD"
page 177
58.22% "Oh great, this older guy has just met her, but he is willing to risk himself to help her save her boyfriend!?"
page 178
58.55% "Stereotyped Chinese characters and a stereotyped China Town, I'm not angry by this but I'm getting tired of the stereotypes."
page 182
59.87% "The King in Yellow also gets mentioned? Oh well."
page 190
62.5% "By the way, this hardass Chinese lady from the gang just changes her mind and helps the MC out of the blue when she originally drugged her and wanted to sale her as slave. *facepalms*"
July 18, 2017 –
page 221
72.7% "*sighs* This girl is so bland as a heroine."
July 19, 2017 –
page 304
100.0% "what a waste of my time."
July 20, 2017 – Shelved as: disappointment
July 20, 2017 – Shelved as: one-of-the-worst-books-ever
July 20, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult-books
July 20, 2017 – Shelved as: supernatural-stuff
July 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Nick T. (new)

Nick T. Borrelli I gotta say, I love the fact that you pull no punches when you review something. We have a similar style.

Mizuki Nick wrote: "I gotta say, I love the fact that you pull no punches when you review something. We have a similar style."

Glad to here this! Though I don't see why some people can't just say 'this is a piece of shit' when they are faced by a piece of shit which pretends to be a novel.XD

Mizuki Angrytuna wrote: "I finished the Iron Thorn but I don't really have the motivation to read the next two now even though I have both at hand."

Oh, you shouldn't bother yourself, I usually have a lot of patience for Lovecratian material, but this one is just a big no-no. And I can tell you the first book isn't so bad comparing with this last book.

Mizuki @Angrytuna: you are welcomed!