Heidi's Reviews > Of Flame and Fate

Of Flame and Fate by Cecy Robson

Four stars: Another thrilling adventure in a dynamite series. This one is darker with more action and danger than ever.

Taran is finally getting more comfortable with her supernatural arm and her abilities, and things are back on track with her mate, Gemini. However, darkness still surrounds Taran and her sisters as they battle to fight back the evil that threatens to kill Celia and her unborn baby and destroy the world. Danger is coming at the alliance from all sides. Thus, Taran is assigned body guard duty to Destiny, the witch who prophesied that Celia’s baby would save the world. While on guard duty, Taran is hauled to a concert where they meet Johnny Fate, a rock star. Johnny’s and Destiny’s powers clash, threatening Destiny’s life. It is up to Taran and her sisters along with the wolves to try and save Destiny and Celia’s baby. Will they succeed?
What I Liked:
*This is now the eighth book in the Weird Girl Series, a series that I can always count on for humor, thrilling action, sizzling romance and outstanding characters. This latest book doesn’t disappoint. It delivers all that you know and love in the series.
*This is the second book in Taran’s journey, and I liked the new direction. In Taran’s first book, she is a miserable wreck as she is trying to master her powers and fix her relationship with Gemini. In this book, Taran is, for the most part, back in control. I liked that she had rid herself of the doubt and that she was finally comfortable in her skin again and that she was mastering her arm. It was nice to see the old Taran, especially when she storms around in her hot pink heels blowing things up!
*I was most intrigued by the story line involving Bren and Emme. I am most eager to see how it all plays out. More Emme and Bren please.
*This book has a darker tone. Yes, there is still the humor and snark I love in the series, but it felt more urgent as the fate of the world is hanging in the balance. There were some new characters, some exciting twists and plenty of action.
*The romance took a back seat in this one, which was fine by me. I liked that Gemini and Taran were back on track and that this one was without relationship drama.
*Johnny Fate was such an interesting character. I can’t say that I really liked him, but like Taran, I felt some empathy toward him. I liked the whole thing with his tattoos as well. I am waiting to see what happens with him. I really want to know who exactly Johnny Fate is?
*The ending was crazy. Lots of things happen rapid fire, that had my head spinning. There are some more big revelations that set the tone for the next book. I am waiting on the edge of my seat. I was also happy that this one doesn’t end on a cliffhanger.
And The Not So Much:
*The opening scene was a bit disorienting. It throws you right into the action, and I struggled a bit to get my footing. I couldn’t recall how the last book ended so I was a lost for a few pages.
*Even though I love the wolves and the sisters together, I have to admit that I am getting tired of the male posturing and over protectiveness. I want the girls to be able to stand on their own and not to have to worry about what their mate thinks all the time.
*This was just a personal preference, but I wanted more of Shayna and Koda.

Of Flame and Fate is another thrilling book in an excellent series. This one sets the table for a big show down between good and evil that I can’t wait to see play out. I liked that this one was more focused on the main story and that it didn’t have relationship drama. If you have not read this series, what are you waiting for?

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own, and I was not compensated for this review.
Posted@Rainy Day Ramblings.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Flame and Fate.

July 7, 2017 – Shelved