Krysti's Reviews > The Library of Fates

The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana

This story has so much intellectual depth, which is exactly what I was expecting from Aditi after reading MIRROR IN THE SKY. Aditi begins writing her books by focusing in on the themes she wants to include in the story, and in THE LIBRARY OF FATES, we really get to explore the ideas of fate, destiny, and the path not taken. There is also some commentary on refugeeism and the utter devastation and challenges that come along with truly losing absolutely everything.

I loved the tone and imaginative world building throughout this story. It so perfectly matches the beautiful book cover, which itself has all kinds of wonderful Easter Eggs that are applicable to the story. I also adored the mythology that Aditi created to accompany this story. It was beautifully imagined, and I deeply admire the way she gave women such prominent and vital roles in the mythology of this world.

Amrita was such a fantastic main character. Her love for her people and selflessness was inspirational and heartwarming, and it was a pleasure watching both her journey through the plot of this story as well as the mental and spiritual transformations she undergoes throughout the novel. It was also incredibly refreshing to watch two wonderful female characters, Amrita and Thala undertaking a journey of such epic proportions.

This story is absolutely lovely. I am so glad I had the opportunity to read it and can't wait to see more from Aditi in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Library of Fates.

July 7, 2017 – Shelved