Taylor Reid's Reviews > Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud: The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Woman

Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud by Anne Helen Petersen

bookshelves: 2017

I've been a fan of AHP for a long time so I will admit I went into this book ready to love it. But it really exceeded my expectations. Every chapter offered me an insight into the way we scrutinize women that went deeper than my previous understanding.

(It also made me realize just how in love with Serena Williams I've always been but never knew.)

If you're a fan of Jennifer Weiner or a female author yourself, I highly recommend this book if only for the chapter about JW. What Weiner has done to shed light on the misogyny of the book community is truly outstanding. She can be a polarizing figure but I walked away from the "Too Loud" chapter with a newfound appreciation for the position Weiner has been put in and how she has responded to it.

The conclusion to this book decimated me. I'm still thinking about it, still smarting from it. And I'm that much more committed to my inner unruliness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud.

Finished Reading