Leigh Creech's Reviews > My Hellion, My Heart

My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard

Jul 08, 2017

I absolutely adored this book!! To be honest, when I first started reading it, I thought it would be exactly like your typical romance full of tired and overused cliches. I thought it would be rushed with little character development and lack of believability. Boy, was I proven wrong! Quickly proven wrong, for that matter! I loved the characters--ALL of them even poor, misguided Max. Even though he turned out to be a major jerk, I understood his motivations and like Irina, pitied him. I understood perfectly each character's motivations. That's been rare in the past for books like this. The characters were charming, authentic, and believable. I also believed in Irina and Henry's love for each other. At some points, it seemed a little rocky. I was afraid it was more about lust than anything, but the way it was written, the audience discovers parts of the character's personality, motivations, and insights when they do, so whereas Henry believes (or has led himself to believe) that he only wants Irina physically, he actually has genuine feelings for her. This comes across in his actions. The reader notices this before he does. This is the type of romance that makes it possible to believe that two broken and damaged people can heal each other. That redemption is possible for anyone. Even though it's fiction, it could have actually been a real event. Although, the real event wouldn't have been as beautifully executed and written!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hellion, My Heart.

July 7, 2017 – Started Reading