✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰ 's Reviews > Holly Freakin' Hughes

Holly Freakin' Hughes by Kelsey Kingsley

description

Five years ago Brandon's fiancée left him. They were together for 11 years. But back then, at a time when his books were finally becoming successful, she just couldn't handle it anymore. She wanted to be the famous author in this relationship.

Holly kind of lives through the same thing now. She's just been un-fiancéd by Stephen. He told her he can't marry her because he's .... gay.

Holly leaves NYC to move back home to Long Island; into her sister's house, to take care of her little niece. Because, yup, she also kind of lost her job together with her fiancé!

That little Long Island town is also Brandon's hometown - and he's just back from a 3-month-long book-tour.

The little book store in town is where they meet for the first time....

But can a woman who was just left by the love of her life, start something real and everlasting with a guy who stopped believing in love a long time ago?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH HOLLY & BRANDON?
WILL THERE BE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER???
READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT!!! ☺

═════════════════════

I loved this book!

I had no idea what to expect. I had never heard of this author before! ☺

This book goes straight to the heart somehow. No idea what I mean by that.
You start reading and you immediately fall in love with Holly and Brandon and you want them to end up together one day soon.
While reading it I felt like I was sitting in that little coffee shop in that little Long Island book store watching the Holly and Brandon show play out live in front of me. I sooo need to see this on Netflix or the big screen one day.

This book is full of love, disappointment, fun, laughter, fear .... but most of all HOPE!
I loved every second of it!

Of course it's not all insta we-meet-and-get-married between Holly and Brandon. They quickly become real good friends, but both are not really ready for something serious. But for Brandon that might change pretty quickly - he's been single for much longer. Now he just has to wait for Holly to get all her rebound stuff done, before he can tell her how he feels. And also, it might be good to finally tell her who he really is - because she has no idea he's a superstar author!

HOLLY FREAKIN' HUGHES was such a beautiful love story! A very emotional and hopeful friends to lovers to forever ever after romance with lots of adorable and funny and just perfect moments! Run to your nearest amazon for your own Brandon - this one is MINE! ☺

if I had to find some tiny little things I didn't like? Hm, maybe just that it wasn't sexy enough for my tastes. And the whole romance between Holly and Brandon wasn't enough for me. I wanted more of just the two of them. But it was more of a Holly-has-to-find-herself-first kind of thing. Which is totally understandable, she's only been single for a few months! I still loooved it, but I wanted more couple time! And also, Holly's reaction to who Brandon really is was way too exaggerated. And then she didn't even try to apologize or talk for a month.
BUT, I still loved the book very much!!!!! And also - best thing ever: THERE WILL BE AT LEAST 2 MORE BOOKS ABOUT THOSE TWO!!! Kelsey is busy writing book #2 - but don't worry, this is a total standalone with a happy end!!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holly Freakin' Hughes.

July 6, 2017 – Shelved