WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker's Reviews > Don't Tempt Me

Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster

Jul 06, 2017

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary, series

Ooh boy, what to say about this one? To be honest, I just want to say, lacking effort. Foster's writing is a bit like Shalvis with its easy readability and tendency to stick to a formula. It's a formula I greatly enjoy but this one, especially with the main couple, felt completely uninspired. I don't feel like I really grew to know the hero at all and both the hero and heroine came off a bit ho-hum. I got way more from the secondary couples and especially the secondary romance, in which about 30-40% of the story is given to.
As the first in the series, the series baiting characters stole the show more than once and even though I really liked the secondary couple, it seems their romance is resolved here, I really wanted them to get their own book. This felt rushed, squeezed in, and the main couple was uninspired. Looking at the second in the series, it looks like Foster continues with the two couples format. With books that are around 300pgs, I sometimes don't find that long enough to fully flush out a romance to my liking, adding a second couple makes the story feel more like two novellas smashed together.
I can see people who want more of shorter, quicker romances liking these better. The half star is for the German Sheppard doggie that comes in towards the end :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Tempt Me.

Started Reading
July 6, 2017 – Shelved
July 6, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 6, 2017 – Shelved as: series
July 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Bubu (new)

Bubu I sometimes don't find that long enough to fully flush out a romance to my liking, adding a second couple makes the story feel more like two novellas smashed together.

Yup, yup, yup, couldn't agree more!