Keri's Reviews > Tarzan of the Apes

Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs

Apr 18, 2008

Read in May, 2008

I read this book because my sister recommended it. I thought, what's the big deal? It's Tarzan. I continued to feel this way throughout the first 50 or 60 pages, but then I couldn't put it down! I loved this adventure story, especially because it's so different from all the movies that have been made from it. I also adore the author's writing style. I guess I'm just a lover of classic literature - the formal and kind of stuffy voice is highly entertaining to me. I absolutely recommend this to everyone - men, women, and teenagers alike. I enjoyed it so much I'm going to read the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarzan of the Apes.

02/25/2016 marked as: read

Kelsey I told you it was good! I'm really glad you liked it - I think Jared would really like it as well. Boyd read the second and third books ( I think there are something like 24 of them) and said neither was as good as the first so, be warned. I also loved The Land That Time Forgot by Burroughs.

message 2: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Schmieder Too many times when I read older novels, I am put off by the different storytelling and language, but ERB holds up. Tales from a gentler age.

Zach Sims They are not as good as the first, but my personal favorite is the son of tarzan it's right up there!