Aaron Bunce's Reviews > Dragonvein

Dragonvein by Brian D. Anderson

liked it

Dragonvein book 3 is, unfortunately, more of what I didn't like about book 2, and less of what I was hoping to see moving forward. It's clear that Anderson conforms to a rigid story line, and in all likely hood had the entire series story lined out before writing this book. Otherwise, I can't entirely answer for this book, which feels shorter and simply wedged in.
The introduction of Martok into the series is both a benefit and a liability. We have a protagonist with all of his ancestors living within him, and they can aid him on his quest, help him mature, or they can prove to be speed bumps. I like this idea. Time will tell if this is used to the story's benefit, or it derails it entirely.

I like Kat's elevation. She is an enjoyable character, although some of the supporting cast takes a significant dip in either their I.Q, or their contribution to the story. Characterizations have grown fluid, and some characters seem to flit in and out of character now, acting or speaking against what we have come to expect from them.

This book was still entertaining to listen to, as the narration was top notch, but I am losing patience with the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonvein.

July 6, 2017 – Started Reading