Daisiemae's Reviews > Night's Promise

Night's Promise by Sandy Lynn

Apr 18, 2008

bookshelves: erotica, vampire-paranormal, books-read-in-2008, books-to-i-will-never-part-with
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I really like the author
Recommended for: My friends that loved Kiss and Tell by Sandy Lynn

Sandy Lynn is turning into a "must buy" author for me. I didn't know if I would like this book as well as Kiss and Tell by her, but she once again captivated me by her sexy, tortured hero and her very likable heroine.

Melissa has had a hard time getting on with her life. Abused by her step-father, she ran away at the 14, only to be rescued by the vampire Gareth. When Gareth realizes that her step-father is not only abusive but unbalanced, he immediately takes her under his wing and introduces her to a world she had never knew existed. Years later, her step-father starts threatening her again. When she narrowly escapes his wrath, she enlists the protection of a very dangerous, mysterious vampire Duncan.

Duncan has done some terrible things during his existance. When he sees that Melissa is in danger, he is compelled to help her, and is drawn to her innocence. Not thinking he is worthy of her, he fights his feelings for Melissa unsuccessfully.

When Melissa is plagued by nightmares of her past, he is patiently helps her through the darkness and into the light.
Duncan is wonderful. Even though he has some...well..maybe not so noble accomplishments in his time, he is truly sweet and loving with Melissa. I loved him so much, even with his many flaws. Melissa is a smart cookie, because she was willing to overlook some of his flaws too.

Duncan and Melissa relationship literally blossumed on the pages! I found myself tearing up with Melissa and Duncan through some of the tough times and cheering with them in the end.

If you loved Kiss and Tell, you will love this book too!
If you are offended by Strong Language and Explicit Sex, this book is not for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night's Promise.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Great review!! Yay! Another good Samhain author. Samhain is quickly becoming my fav erotica publisher these days. And the two books by Lynn sound awesome from your reviews.

I have to go to the bookstore tomorrow to pick up the Opal Carew book I ordered (Twin Fantasies). I'm putting together a list today of the books I want to order when I get there. Looks like I will definitely be ordering these two if they don't already have them in stock.

Thanks for letting me know about them!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)