Cody | codysbookshelf's Reviews > Strange Weather

Strange Weather by Joe Hill

bookshelves: favorites, netgalley

I was two people when reading this collection of short novels. I read the first two stories ('Snapshot' and 'Loaded') mere days before my best friend took her own life. I read the latter two entries ('Aloft' and 'Rain') after. Naturally, my mind was elsewhere when reading the final two stories — but they were good. Very good. Especially 'Aloft'. I'm terrified of heights, so that one got to me.

After The Fireman, my faith in Joe Hill had been shaken a bit . . . But my faith is reaffirmed! These are four excellent, scary stories. Highly recommended. Would love to give a more in-depth review, but I am medicated and just want to sleep.

Snapshot - 4
Loaded - 5
Aloft - 4.5
Rain - 5

Thanks to the publisher for the ARC.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Weather.

July 5, 2017 – Shelved
July 5, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 1, 2017 – Started Reading
September 2, 2017 –
12.0% "Too anxious to read right now but am enjoying "Snapshot." I'm reading this for "Modern Masters of Horror" in Halloween Bingo."
September 5, 2017 –
20.0% "Just finished 'Snapshot'. Wasn't as hot on it as everyone else seems to be, but it was a decent story. On to 'Loaded'."
September 5, 2017 –
56.0% "'Loaded,' man. Holy God. I haven't been that scared in a while."
September 5, 2017 –
63.0% "I don't do heights, so my stomach is flipping while reading 'Aloft.' Ughhhh!!!!"
September 8, 2017 –
September 11, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 11, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
September 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Brodie (new)

Brodie Gron So sorry to hear. Thanks for continuing to post.
Good for the community, and the soul.

Dana Marshall I'm with you on The Fireman but thought these short novels were super good.

message 3: by Robjr73 (new)

Robjr73 Sorry for your loss

message 4: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna So very sorry for your loss -- a great review to pay tribute to your friend.