Brea Essex's Reviews > Oubliette

Oubliette by Megg Jensen

4720741

After reading Anathema, book one of the Cloud Prophet Trilogy, I couldn't wait to pick up Oubliette. I was eager to find out what happened to Reychel. I definitely wasn't disappointed.

Reychel has managed to escape her life of slavery, but she's far from free. She finds herself in yet another unknown place, with people she's not sure she can trust. Everyone is expecting her to be their savior, but she's not even sure she can save herself from the side effects of her visions—if she can actually manage to have any. She is told that her answers lie in the journal of the previous prophet—unfortunately, it's one that's missing. Once again, she's not sure who she can trust, but help arrives in the form of someone she wasn't sure she would see again.

Once again, Megg amazed me with the intricacies of her characters' motivations. The ending left me hopeful, yet fearful. Will Reychel ever learn to control her visions? Will the war that's developing be the doom of all that she knows? I can't wait for Severed, the finale of this trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oubliette.

September 3, 2011 – Shelved