Laura's Reviews > Steal

Steal by Rachel Van Dyken

it was ok

2.5 Stars

I wanted to like this book, and there were things about it that I did enjoy. But, for me, I had a tough time with the hero. I did believe he cared, but I was not really able to see the reason there would be an appeal for Angelica that would leave her wanting anything to do with Will.

I get it, their history was messy and unpleasant, and there were definitely scars left from it. But, sometimes those scars are too much to get over. And, this is one of the challenges of a second chance romance, to believe that the characters can get over the past to move forward. While ultimately I was left with the belief in them and their HEA, it took too long for me to get there and I felt like I was reading a "why they should not be together" list for about the first 45% of the book.

Separately, I liked the characters and the story line. I thought it was interesting, and I was curious to see what was going to happen next. There was a depth to the characters that I did enjoy, even if I had issues with them together, I thought their personal journey was interesting.

While this is a standalone, I think there is a value in reading the other books so you know the recurring and supporting characters, as there is a lot of them in the story.

I am not really able to recommend this title...but at the same time, there were things I did enjoy. For me, I think this is one I would recommend if you have read the others and if you haven't, I think I would say you should star with the 1st one and work your way to this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal.

July 3, 2017 – Started Reading