Linda's Reviews > An Earl for the Archeress

An Earl for the Archeress by E. Elizabeth Watson

Wow. What a brilliant take of a Robin Hood story. Better! Loved it! Superb writing, wonderful characters I fell in love with from the start, both are just the type I characters I like best.

Robert is honourable, intelligent and protective (love how he got really protective AND possessive of Mariel) with a sense of humour not to mention loads of charm. Mariel is a heck of a sassy heroine. She matches him in every aspect, and is just as skilled as archer. The best part being that Robert realizes this from the start and wants her to be very much part of his life as a partner. He doesn’t feel intimidated by her obvious intelligence or skill. Their interaction is amazingly entertaining.

"You roll your eyes heavenward often woman. I wonder if God has taken notice yet."
(There is a lot of facetious eye rolling that is hilarious)

Despite the belligerent and distrustful facade Mariel projects, she shields a very vulnerable "heart that could not take the pain of caring for someone who would let her down" after being badly hurt by her father.

"she needed the barbs she wrapped herself within, needed to protect the desperation kept locked in her heart for fear of it weakening her"

Robert is just as steadfast in his persistence to win her over.

A definite keeper. After reading this (my 1st from this author), I looked up her back-list. What have I missed?!

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Earl for the Archeress.

Started Reading