Kai (Quartzfeather)'s Reviews > The Two Princesses of Bamarre

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

Jul 05, 2017

I remember picking this book up once in fifth grade and not enjoying it very much, mind you, I didn't get too far into the story, but in the few pages I read, The Two Princesses of Bamarre didn't manage to capture my attention.

In the following years, I read many of Gail's other books and loved each and every one, but I was always a little wary of Two Princesses and never ended up giving it another chance. However, with the release of it's sequel, I finally decided that maybe I should pick it up again, and the decision payed off.

The slow beginning, which drove me off the first time, worked much better in the audiobook format, and I was able to get fully engrossed in the world of Bamarre. I do wish Meryl had appeared a bit more, but the story does rather well focusing mostly on Addie and her journey, her growth and development throughout the story is wonderful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Princesses of Bamarre.

July 5, 2017 – Started Reading
July 5, 2017 – Shelved
July 5, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
July 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Shenwei yaaay! I really loved this story when I read it as a kid :)

message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kai (Quartzfeather) Shenwei wrote: "yaaay! I really loved this story when I read it as a kid :)"

have you read the prequel yet???