Rachael's Reviews > The Shadow of Death

The Shadow of Death by Christopher Pike

I really have enjoyed reading The Last Vampire Series. Thirst 4: The Shadow of Death left me a little disappointed because there wasn’t as much action as I expected based on the previous books and the battle I was expecting with the Telar and IIC. I still enjoyed reading about Sita’s last journey/adventure and was glad to see some of the story lines closed up.

Thirst 4 was fast paced and once I started it, I didn’t want to put it down. There were a few slow spots though when characters were discussing what to do or getting back stories on the events leading to the development of the IIC. I expected Matt to play a greater role and was once again disappointed when he wasn’t as active in the story. I loved the Egyptian Mythology that was used in the book, such as the underworld that Sita traveled to, and the religious references and ethical dilemmas that Sita and her gang had to deal with.

The only question is will there be another Last Vampire book? It is stated that this will be the final installment but based on the ending I think that Pike left it open ended in case he decided, like he has before, to re-visit Sita in the future. Overall I rate this book a 3.5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Death.

Finished Reading
September 3, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Trotter I wish Matt would have been in the book more too. I was upset that Christopher Pike left the story like that.

Robin There is a fifth book coming out. Can't wait!! I believe it comes out March 5th, 2012