Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Grave Witch

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

bookshelves: fav-magic-books, fav-urban-fantasy, favorites, 4-stars

Mystery, surprises, tension, & edge of our seat moments.

Holly Cow, Grave Witch was more then I expected it to be. I was pulled in from the start and couldn’t stop until the very end. We get ghosts, a murder mystery, weird magic, and so much more. It was one thing after another that you never know what will happen next.

Alex is a fun, unique, and powerful character. Everything we learn about her just leads us to wanting more. Her numerous and complex problems change the book into an entertaining and unpredictable read. Her grave sight is a pretty nifty ability, but it comes with a price. I liked how in this world their is a price to having magic. The more Alex is in contact with the dead the colder her body temperature gets and after being in contact with her power she has issues with her eyes. Alex does find ways to deal with the price.

The secondary characters where wonderful. I had fun with all of Alex’s friends. She’s picked a great group of people to be with.

The relationships Alex has with Death and Falin makes me wonder if their might be a love triangle looming in the future. I like the relationship between Alex and Death. As for Falin and Alex they where together to help with the backlash of her power this time around. I’m curious to see where things go on the man front. I will say the relationship comes second to the murder mysterious happen in this story.

Narration: This is my first experience with narrator Emily Durante. I didn’t have any issues with the audio. I was sucked in that I couldn’t stop and when I had to I was a little sad and I wanted to jump back into the audio book. The story comes alive. Their are a lot of characters and Ms. Durante does a good job making them each unique.

Grave Witch is a humorous suspenseful murder mystery Urban Fantasy that’s hard to put down. I can’t wait to dive into the next installment.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Witch.

July 4, 2017 – Shelved
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: fav-urban-fantasy
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: fav-magic-books
December 13, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 14, 2017 – Shelved as: 4-stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Melanie I'm listening to the most recent book now. I really like Alex.

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Melanie wrote: "I'm listening to the most recent book now. I really like Alex."

I hope to get to more. I've just got so many books now that I need to read... I had a lot of fun with the first book, so I know I'm going to listen to more. I do like Alex too.

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Great review angela!!!

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Great review angela!!!"

Thank you!! ^_^