Darlene's Reviews > A Space Girl from Earth

A Space Girl from Earth by Christina McMullen

liked it
bookshelves: adventure, aliens, book-1, sci-fi, text-to-speech-enabled, young-adult

Maybe it is because I have been reading Sci-fi for so long, but I wasn't as impressed with this book as I wanted to be. Maybe it is because I have to read using Text-to-Speech and I miss a lot in that process. I just couldn't get into this book. I didn't care for this girl raised by a super model. Yawn!

To find out that the daughter is from another planet and possibly a princess? Still didn't care. I think the only thing I really felt her heart and soul was her feelings for the assassin-bot. But even that didn't do much for me.

I did like the idea of being able to transport to other places and feel things through the strange 'freckles' but once again, I liked the ideas present, still not the characters. Please, why do main characters have to be the most beautiful? Most people aren't How do you expect regular people to like the character when they can't relate at all?

I did appreciate the chance to read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Space Girl from Earth.

July 4, 2017 – Started Reading