Kirsty's Reviews > The Gutenberg Rubric

The Gutenberg Rubric by Nathan Everett

Sep 03, 2011

bookshelves: arc-review-copy, ebook

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the way that the author combined a history of books and printing, alchemy and suspense into a very entertaining novel. I found the historical information fascinating and I really felt like I learned something from the book. The author has clearly done his research and I think that’s so important when you’re writing about a specific subject. It’s blatantly obvious when an author hasn’t researched thoroughly enough the subject they’re writing about but this wasn’t the case with Everett. On top of this, there is nothing I love more than a book about books and this one didn’t disappoint.

I really liked the main characters, Keith and Maddie, and enjoyed the chemistry between them. There was something about them that made them instantly likeable and it was interesting to watch their relationship develop throughout the book. The plot was well paced and I liked the way that the chapters were alternated between their story and the story of the people that were plotting against them. I also liked the twists in the story and wasn’t expecting them. This was a fun read that flowed well and kept me interested throughout. I’m looking forward to reading his other books, which I haven’t yet managed to get around to reading, but will be trying to do so soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gutenberg Rubric.

September 3, 2011 – Started Reading
September 3, 2011 – Shelved
September 5, 2011 –
September 5, 2011 –
48.0% "This is so interesting! Lots of fascinating info about printing and books, with a mystery thrown in!!"
September 7, 2011 –