Billy Buttons's Reviews > They Move Below

They Move Below by Karl Drinkwater

This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title: They Move Below
Writing Style: 7/10
Content: 8/10
Cover: 7/10
Of the 16 readers:
12 would read another book by this author.
11 thought the cover was good or excellent.
14 felt it was easy to follow.
13 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
10 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘plotting a story’.

Readers’ Comments
‘I’m not a big fan of the short story but it works okay with horror; and this is no exception. There’s a fantastic mix here and plenty to keep you hiding under the covers. The odd story is a little confusing but, all in all, they were very good. I particularly liked Overload.’ Female reader, aged 41
‘I liked that there was such a mix, from greed to crazy old women. There’s plenty of pace too though the author must be careful to keep the reader onboard. The odd story is a little too twisty to keep up with. Overall, very enjoyable; perfect for any Stephen King fans.’ Male reader, aged 55
‘This author is very good at endings. Not everything in life is clear cut. The author shows this in his writing allowing the reader to conclude what he or she wants from the story.’ Male reader, aged 49
‘Pretty scary. They were good to very good. Half of them scared me, half of them I simply enjoyed.’ Male reader, aged 27

‘Scary and packed full of twists. A RED RIBBON WINNER and highly recommended.’ The Wishing Shelf Book Awards

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read They Move Below.

Finished Reading