Rimpy Toor's Reviews > The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit

The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel

24192234

Review now up
________________________________

RTC!!

This novel was something I'd been looking forward to ever since I heard about it/saw it in stores.

I had really high expectations for it and it met most of my expectations!

I loved the slightly essay-like aspect of this book. It provided a lot of sources for the material being used and it helped me understand the topic a lot more without thinking that the author was pulling the ideas and thoughts out of thin air.

Christopher Knight in this novel comes off very arrogant, and I think that's one of the reasons for me not enjoying the novel as much as I would have liked.

It's very understandable as to why he comes off that way, but despite my understanding of his reasons, it still made me resent him a bit more than I would have liked.

Other than that I loved the structure of this novel. It had aspects of a "story" as well as aspects of an essay which merged together beautifully and provided me with a great reading experience.

I do have a full review coming out soon and that will be linked above when it is up, but all in all this novel was really great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good non-fiction!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger in the Woods.

July 1, 2017 – Started Reading
page 60
26.79% (Audio CD Edition)
page 60
26.79% (Audio CD Edition)
July 1, 2017 – Shelved