Melanie's Reviews > H2O the Novel

H2O the Novel by Austin Boyd

bookshelves: review-books

Rating: 4 1/2 stars!

What would you do if you suddenly started having visions when you got wet? Visions so powerful you lost touch with the world for that amount of time. Would you avoid water at all costs - or learn to live with it?

That is exactly what happened to Kate Pepper. She used to love getting wet, but when she suddenly starts having visions whenever she comes in contact with water, she finds herself fearing water and trying to avoid it at all costs. But how can you live without water? Will anything good come out of all this turmoil?

H20 is the first book I've read by Austin Boyd or Brannon Hollinsworth. Even though I haven't read that many fantasy books, I really like the genre and H20 was great!

From the beginning pages of H20 I found myself liking Kate and disliking Xavier (Kate's boyfriend) - he just seemed like such an uncaring and mean person! I couldn't understand why Kate stayed with him when he treated her the way he did.

Though some might think Kate's visions were weird, I actually really liked them (especially the later ones). Most were of Biblical events; like Jesus' baptism, Peter walking on the water to Jesus, the woman at the well, etc. - I really liked that. They were told really well and even brought to mind some things I never thought about.

While H20 was interesting and enjoyable from the beginning, it was when I got halfway through and Kate started talking to WRKRJC that H20 became really good and the pages went by much faster! I understood the characters more and I started wondering who WRKRJC was and what the letters meant.

Throughout H20, whether through Kate's visions or actually spoken, there was a story of forgiveness and how Jesus can make you clean!

I think H20 is best suited for ages 16 and older because of some of the things mentioned - although none of it is bad, it might not be appropriate for younger readers.

Overall, I really enjoyed H20 and recommend it if you enjoy fantasy novels with a good message. I look forward to reading O2, the next novel in The Eternal Elements!

*Thanks to Brannon Hollingsworth for my review copies. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H2O the Novel.

September 2, 2011 – Shelved
January 15, 2012 –
page 159
January 16, 2012 – Shelved as: review-books
January 16, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by eve v. (new)

eve v. What's this about? Is it good?

Melanie It's Christian speculative fiction/fantasy and the short answer is it's about Kate Pepper who starts having 'visions' when she gets wet. I'm only halfway through, but it's really good so far! :)

message 3: by eve v. (new)

eve v. Sounds interesting! I'll keep an eye out for your review! :)

message 4: by Brannon (new) - added it

Brannon Hollingsworth Looking forward to your review, Melanie! :D

message 5: by Austin (new) - added it

Austin Boyd Melanie

Thank you so much for the time you devoted to post an article and a review about H2O. As a busy author, I sincerely appreciate the time that you invest to read and review a novel. I'm glad that you had fun being "washed" in Kate's visions. They were a joy to write. Thanks, too, for what you do to extend the reach and the value of our Goodreads community.

Blessings,

Austin Boyd
www.austinboyd.com

message 6: by Brannon (new) - added it

Brannon Hollingsworth Austin wrote: "Melanie

Melanie, I could not agree with my pal Austin more here! Thanks ssssooooo much!!! :D

Melanie Austin and Brannon,

Thank YOU both! I love reading and it was wonderful to be able to read and review H20!

Melanie