Janet's Reviews > My Hellion, My Heart

My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard

Jul 13, 2017

Lord Henry Radcliffe, the scarred but sinfully sexy Earl of Langlevit still hasn’t fully recovered from the time he was captured & tortured by the French & he tries to exorcise the demons by intense physicality. In and out of bed. An endeavour that has no shortage of willing participants.
Intent on scandalizing London, Princess Irina Volkonsky is a hellion and every gentleman’s deepest desire...except for one. Irina knows better than to provoke Henry, but she will stop at nothing short of ruination to win the heart of the only man she’s ever loved since she was fourteen.
This is the third book in the series & although we catch up with the characters from the first two books this book could well be a standalone book. Both Henry & Irina are fighting their demons & only seem to find peace when they are together but Henry in particular feels he is too scarred to be able to love. Irina still doesn’t like confined spaces following her kidnapping five years ago & she still has nightmares. The characters are well developed & are believable, the relationship between Henry & Irina develops gradually & we as readers are aware of Henry’s feelings before he is. The dialogues are witty & entertaining. The pace of the book is very good & the tempo is kept up throughout, the climax being fast paced. The villain is a tortured soul who had my pity as well as Irina’s I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all three Lord of Essex books & this was my favourite. I look forward to more books from the authors

My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hellion, My Heart.

July 1, 2017 – Shelved